Marty graduated from UBC in 1966 with a B.Comm., majoring in Finance and Real Estate, and obtained his law degree from UBC three years later in 1969.
- Director of ZLC Financial Group
- President of both Georgian Court Hotel and Coast Vancouver Airport Hotel
- Secretary-Treasurer of Citycore Development Corp.
- Chair of First Tee of Greater Vancouver
- Past Chair of Kids Up Front
- Past Director of Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
- Past Vice-president of the British Columbia and Yukon Hotels Association
- Founding Chair of the Air Canada Championship
- Chair of the Thunderbird Golf Society
- Chair of the University of British Columbia Thunderbird Council
- Past Board Member of the British Columbia Institute of technology Foundation
- Past Chairman for the British Columbia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
- Involved in establishing Vancouver’s Starwalk Hall of Fame at the Orpheum Theater in Vancouver.
- Park Board Commissioner 2005- 2008
- Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club
- Ironwood Country Club – Palm Desert
- Honourary Member Fraserview Golf Club
Marty has been married for 35 years and has three children