After graduating from the University of British Columbia in 1978 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, Garry Zlotnik began his career as a Chartered Accountant at a national accounting firm. In 1981 Garry left the firm and joined forces with his father, Harold Zlotnik, at Zlotnik, Lamb and Company, later renamed ZLC Financial Group.
Today Garry serves as the President of ZLC and is recognized as a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Life Underwriter, Certified Financial Planner, a life and qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table, and a 21 year member of Top of the Table, an organization that recognizes the top 2% of individuals in the industry.
In 2010, Garry was recognized for his community service and was awarded a Community Service Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Garry was also recognized by the accounting community for his exemplary service to the profession and was given an FCA designation.
Garry participates actively in the financial industry by regularly conducting seminars with major accounting and legal firms and speaking at events such as the annual Top of the Tableannual meeting.
Garry has earned the following designations over the years and is a member of the subsequent organizations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Planner (CH.F.C.)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC, admitted 1980
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (F.C.A.) 2010
- Chairman, ZLC Private Investment Management Inc. 2000 to present
- President, Barrington Wealth Partners Inc. June 2006 to present
- Member, Life Underwriters Association of Vancouver
- Member, National Structured Settlement Trade Association
- President/Chair, Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver June 2007- June 2009
- Co-Chair, Vancouver JCC Maccabi Games 2006
- Chair, Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Vancouver 2002-2005
- President, Richmond Country Club 1990-1992