Current Career Opportunities:
Team Manager & Account Executive – Employee Benefits
The primary purposes of this role are to support the Advisors, to provide pro-active client services to ensure complete client satisfaction, and to manage the team of Account Executives and Service Representatives that support the consulting team in our Employee Benefits Division.
- Staff Management: Determine staff requirements and hire and train new staff. Supervise staff according to ZLC company policy and monitor staff performance, including performance reviews. Delegate work duties to staff. Evaluate current business processes and systems, and plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize efficiency.
- Special Projects: Assist in preparation of unique reports; assemble client information/statistics; provide marketing support; organize promotional events; ensure insurer updates are organized, as needed (at least annually); assist with pool management (if applicable); update/develop client and internals reports and tools in partnership with Advisors.
CONSULTING AND CLIENT MANAGEMENT:
- Plan Reviews: Review current employee benefit plans; review prospect plans, as needed; analyze plan designs; prepare client reports (including plan design alternatives).
- Market Surveys: Gather employee census information; prepare specifications for market survey; send market survey to insurance carriers with deadline for submission; follow up on status of any outstanding submissions from carriers; prepare analysis spreadsheet and clarify any information with carriers, if necessary; and prepare report for client/prospect including results of market survey and recommendations.
- New Group Plan Implementation / Appointment as Agent of Record: Secure documents and historical data from providers; meet/review with plan administrator on the new group implementation documents; prepare Employee Benefit Bulletin for plan administrator to distribute to staff to advise them of new benefit program; follow-up with plan administrator on outstanding documents; submit completed implementation documents to insurance carrier for processing; follow-up with carrier on contracts, booklets and deliver to client; and review new carrier administration procedures with the plan administrator (must accompany any insurer representative for any online face-to-face training).
- Annual Renewal and Plan Modification Negotiations: Liaise with respective insurers with regard to the financial review of client renewals and/or plan modifications and negotiate accordingly, in partnership with the Advisor.
- New Administrator Procedure Review: Meet new plan administrator and provide the appropriate training tools and contact details applicable.
- Employee Meetings: Accompany Advisor to employee meetings and, when appropriate, lead meetings.
- Client Service: Assist with administrative contract inquiries; perform follow-ups on all actionable items to ensure competed by the agreed-upon date; assume responsibility for all client deliverables including those delegated to a Service Representative; assist with claim inquiries – medical, dental, disability; generate client letters on claims experience, manage plan design and administration issues; liaise with the insurance carriers on the clients’ behalf; maintain client contact; maintain current client records; and assist with work overloads during absences and vacations.
- 5+ years experience in similar role
- Life License required
- CEBS courses an asset
- Excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong group benefit and insurance background (preferably in a brokerage environment)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Maximizer, PowerPoint, and performing Internet research
- Flexibility and adaptability with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Work additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines
- Enjoys a fast paced challenging environment
- Team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position in a company with a fun, hard-working culture. If you are passionate about what you do and would like to be considered in joining a top-notch team, we invite you to submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your salary expectations. We offer newly-renovated offices along with a competitive salary, benefits, pension plan, wellness initiatives and business-casual Fridays.
We thank everyone who applies to this position and while we expect a number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
ZLC Financial – Advisor, Insurance & Financial Services
- You will be actively working to develop and grow your client base and providing solutions including Insurance, Employee Benefits, Retirement Planning and/or Investments
- Planning, building, and execution of a business / sales plan
- You are a true client relationship advisor who looks for opportunities to refer and receive referrals
- You will participate with all the company’s marketing activities and contribute your ideas towards their effectiveness and contributing towards their positive results
- Building and growing your centers of influences
- Keeping up to date with industry and regulatory trends and changes
- Working with all lines of ZLC Financial’s business offerings
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role and ready to take your career to the next step; experienced with Insurance and/or Investment Sales
- Strong client service capacities for a busy, professional financial service office
- Expertise in Maximizer or related CRM software and Excel are a must
- Insurance Licensed (LLQP) and CFP, CSC, CIM, CPA, CFA, CLU as an asset or working towards such designation
- Strong communication skills oral and written
- Professional, motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Team centered, driven and self motivated attitude
Compensation: commissions + marketing support + mentorship + coaching + networking avenues. Take advantage of this opportunity to work alongside some of the top minds in the industry and benefit from the structure, support and resources necessary to push your success to the next level. Please send a cover letter and your resume to Cory Murphy at email@example.com with “Career” in the subject line. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.